Greater Madison Community Garage Sales – 2021 Schedule
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Covid-19 dates listed below may be impacted.
Experienced garage sale shoppers know that research and volume are critical to a successful day spent bargain hunting. This article is aimed to help you with both.
- Research is beneficial if you’re looking for a particular category of items – dishes, baby clothing, furniture, etc. A quick review of garage sale ads on Craigslist, Garage Sale Finder, or Yard Sale Search can help you build a list of potential winners. Map out those locations and hit them first.
- Volume is most easily achieved by shopping during a neighborhood or city-wide garage sale weekend – when there will be a large number of sales to visit in one area. These “cluster sales” can increase your odds of finding a specific item or, if you’re a casual shopper, they can create an environment where you can wander between sales – this is especially true with neighborhood sales.
Google can help you with research, but this post is the ONLY comprehensive list of City-Wide Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area and City of Madison Sales by Neighborhood. Put it to good use, my friend!
CITYWIDE Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area
Belleville: April 30-May 1, 2021
Black Earth: April 16-18, 2021
Cottage Grove: April 29-May 1, 2021
Cross Plains: May 1, 2021
Deerfield: Please help us find!
DeForest: May 13-15, 2021
Evansville: Please help us find!
Footville: April 23-25, 2021
Fort Atkinson/Jefferson: June 4-June 6, 2021
Lodi: April 23-24, 2021
Mazomanie: June 10-12, 2021
McFarland: Please help us find!
Monona: May 13-14, 2021
Mt. Horeb: April 21-24, 2021
Oregon: Postponed due to Covid-19
Stoughton: June 26-27, 2021
Sun Prairie: April 29-May 1, 2021
Verona: Please help us find!
Waunakee: May-6-98. 2021
MADISON, WI GARAGE SALES BY NEIGHBORHOOD
Sunset Village: Please help us find!
Marquette Neighborhood: Please help us find!
Blackhawk: Please help us find!
Hawks Landing: Please help us find!
High Point Estates: Please help us find!
Junction Ridge:Please help us find!
Linden Park: Please help us find!
Meadowwood: Please help us find!
Memorial High School: Please help us find!
Midvale Heights: Please help us find!
University Hill Farms: Please help us find!
Seminole: Please help us find!
Brentwood: Please help us find!
Elvehjem: Please help us find!
Emerson East: Please help us find!
Glendale: Please help us find!
Richmond Hill: June 10-12, 2021
Tenney-Lapham: Please help us find!
Heritage Heights: Please help us find!
Here are some pointers to keep in mind as you plan for garage sale shopping:
- Sales typically start during the work week, beginning on Thursday or Friday and ending on Saturday. Saturdays can be great for markdowns, but items will likely be picked over.
- Sales start early at 7, or 8 am and fizzle out an hour or two after lunch. Set the alarm!
- Carry cash and plenty of small bills. Change can be hard to come by, and most people don’t want to take checks.
- Plan your route ahead of time. If you’re hitting multiple sales on the same day, plot your course. You don’t want to spend time driving all over the place.
- Always ask for a better price, especially if you’re buying a large number of items from one seller.
- Bring boxes, bags and packing materials.
Good luck out there! If you know of any sales we should add, or have information on dates that are missing, please comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Jenny Oppriecht is the marketing director for Steve Brown Apartments. You can Connect with her on LinkedIn or by email.