Keeping Your Family Busy While Quarantined in Your Madison Apartment
Published on April 20th, 2020
By Jennifer Oppriecht
Is your family running out of ways to stay busy as we enter month two of Madison’s Safer at Home order? As Madison apartment renters start to go stir-crazy, we offer this list of local activities that will provide fun for the whole family. Being quarantined in your apartment doesn’t mean you can’t stay active or learn something new!
- Lions and tigers and bears! Participate in a Virtual Zookeeper Chat with the Henry Vilas Zoo. For schedule and to watch past chats visit their Facebook Page!
- No local business is more creative when it comes to activities. The Madison Children’s Museum is posting daily activity ideas, stories, and brain busters for your kids. New videos will be posted on Tuesdays on their Facebook Page.
- Great crafty! Revel Craft Bar has found a way to move their craft bar into your home. Check out their online shop and choose from 10 at-home craft kits. We’ll take one of each, please! See the options here.
- The bad news is that the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art’s annual favorite, Gallery Night, has been moved online. The good news is it’s now kid friendly! Participate in a Virtual Gallery Night.
- Get up and keep moving with Hy-Vee KidsFit! Their daily virtual fitness videos and health tips are just what you need to balance out all of the extra snacks. Check out their Facebook page for details.
- If you’re missing time spent at Madison’s favorite family bookstore, make sure to participate in virtual storytime with Barnes & Noble.
- Take a drive with the family to enjoy the Dane County Regional Airport’s Flight of Lights event! Flight of Lights is a free, drive-through light display along International Lane. Does this make it a car-arantine?
- You can still cook together with local favorite Yummy Sprout! Join them on Facebook for a Live Culinary Class.
- The Children’s Theater of Madison is offering free online theater activities. Visit their website or follow them on social media for weekly activity updates.
- Get outdoors! Enjoy the fresh air and the spring season with a family walk or bike ride around your neighborhood.
What activities did we miss? Make sure to leave more ideas in the comments, and please consider supporting all of these local businesses and organizations by buying online, making a donation, or buying a gift card. Together, we can help them through this difficult Safer at Home period. Stay home and stay safe Madison!