Covid-19 Resources for Madison Renters
Unfortunately, as the coronavirus crisis continues, the rates of unemployment, financial instability, and food scarcity are rising. Fortunately, there are resources and assistance available to those in need. Here’s an “in progress” list of options for you to research.
Please add any additional resources in the comments and we’ll add them.
Federal Government COVID-19 Resources
- Track the status of your stimulus payment
- Congress’ Families First Coronavirus Response Act (HR 6201)
- Congress’ Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act “CARES Act”
- USDA – information on access to food and school meals
- HUD’s information for renters and homeowners
- HUD’s Approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- Fannie Mae’s Disaster Response Network
Wisconsin COVID-19 Resources
- Tenant Resource Center
- University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
- Wisconsin Unemployment
- Edgewood College Student Relief Fund
Private and/or Non-Profit COVID-19 Resources
- United Way’s 211.org
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United–relief grants for hospitality workers affected by COVID-19
- RentAssistance—a directory or rental assistance agencies and organizations that will help you pay your rent.
- Candid’s list of Funds for coronavirus relief
- Salvation Army
- Art New York’s list of resources and grants for those in the arts, and many others
- List of resources for Midwesterners from WMC Action News
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling’s COVID-19 Financial Distress Helpline
- Banks Offering to Help Those Affected by COVID-19
Like the National Apartment Association, we encourage all renters who have suffered financial distress as a result of COVID-19 to communicate with their property manager to discuss their circumstances. In addition to national, state, and local programs, many individual private owners have plans underway or already in place to help deal with the financial impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
Published on Apr 21 2020
Last Updated on Apr 10 2023