Support Local Madison Businesses With a Quarantine Date Night
Published on April 29th, 2020
By Jennifer Oppriecht
We get it, coming up with new date night ideas while quarantined is a difficult task. We’ve done the hard work for you and have come up with a list of ideas to help you plan the perfect at-home date night while supporting local Madison businesses.
- Show some love to your favorite restaurant by ordering take out or delivery! Here is a list of businesses still open to whip up your favorite at-home date night meals during the Stay at Home order. Rockhound Brewery is making date nights easy by offering a weekly Saturday Date Night Dinner special. The cost is $40 for a three-course meal for 2. The Date Night menu changes weekly. Check their website for this week’s offering.
- Make craft cocktails! Circ, located in the Concourse Hotel, is offering Cocktail Kits to go! Each kit makes roughly 4 cocktails. They are also offering a variety of At-Home Meal Kits that range from baking homemade crackers and bread to everything needed to make a delicious weekend brunch.
- Stay active together. There are many local gyms and yoga studios offering virtual work out classes. The Princeton Club has a library of at-home workouts available on their website. The selection of workouts includes low impact, full-body, and even stretching techniques.
- Paint! Yaymaker is going virtual by offering at-home virtual painting events. You supply all of the painting supplies and they will provide you with detailed directions on how to paint an at-home masterpiece.
- Make a homemade meal together using locally sourced ingredients from Isthmus Eats. Isthmus Eats offers ever-changing weekly meal plans. Their meal program is a great way to support local farmers, learn how to cook together, and eat healthily.
- Eat cheese! Create your own cheese board together or simply snack on your favorite cheeses while watching a movie or playing games. Fromagination is offering free shipping in Wisconsin on their products and gifts. They also have delivery and pick up options.
- Create a date night jar to use when Quarantine is over! It’s easy – simply write down local businesses you want to support for future date nights on paper or popsicle sticks and place them in a mason jar. Instead of constantly asking “What do you want to do tonight?” just choose an idea out of your jar and enjoy quality time spent with each other.
We want to hear other date night ideas that will help us support local Madison businesses. Make sure to leave more local date night ideas in the comments, and please consider supporting all of these local businesses and organizations by buying online, making a donation, or buying a gift card. Together, we can help them through this difficult Safer at Home period. Stay home and stay safe Madison!