Greater Madison Community Garage Sales – 2019 Schedule
Published on March 25th, 2019
By Jennifer Oppriecht
Experienced garage sale shoppers know that research and volume are critical to a successful day spent bargain hunting. This article is aimed to help you with both.
- Research is beneficial if you’re looking for a particular category of items – dishes, baby clothing, furniture, etc. A quick review of garage sale ads on Craigslist, Garage Sale Finder, or Yard Sale Search can help you build a list of potential winners. Map out those locations and hit them first.
- Volume is most easily achieved by shopping during a neighborhood or city-wide garage sale weekend – when there will be a large number of sales to visit in one area. These “cluster sales” can increase your odds of finding a specific item or, if you’re a casual shopper, they can create an environment where you can wander between sales – this is especially true with neighborhood sales.
Google can help you with research, but this post is the ONLY comprehensive list of City-Wide Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area and City of Madison Sales by Neighborhood. Put it to good use, my friend!
CITYWIDE Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area
Belleville: Please help us find!
Black Earth: April 19-20, 2019
Cottage Grove: August 1-3, 2019
Cross Plains: May 2-4, 2019
Deerfield: May 2-4, 2019
DeForest: May 18-19, 2019
Evansville: August 2-3, 2019
Footville: April 26-27, 2019
Lodi: April 26-27, 2019
Mazomanie: June 14-16, 2019
McFarland: June 7-8, 2019
Meadowood: May 3-4, 2019
Monona: May 17-18, 2019
Mt. Horeb: April 25 -26, 2019 & September 26-28, 2019
Oregon: May 9-11, 2019
Stoughton: June 21-22, 2019
Sun Prairie: May 2-4, 2019
Verona City-Wide Sales: May 10-11, 2019
Waunakee: May 9-11, 2019
MADISON, WI GARAGE SALES BY NEIGHBORHOOD
Sunset Village: August 9-10, 2019
Marquette Neighborhood: Please help us find!
Bay Creek: Please help us find!
Blackhawk: Please help us find!
Hawks Landing: May 17-19, 2019
High Point Estates: May 16-18, 2019
Junction Ridge: Please help us find!
Linden Park: Please help us find!
Memorial High School: April 13, 2019
Midvale Heights: August 30-31, 2019
University Hill Farms: Please help us find!
Seminole: May 3-4, 2019
Brentwood: Please help us find!
Elvehjem: June 13-15, 2019
Emerson East: June 1, 2019
Glendale: Please help us find!
Richmond Hill: June 6-8, 2019
Tenney-Lapham: August 10, 2019
Heritage Heights: Please help us find!
Here are some pointers to keep in mind as you plan for garage sale shopping:
- Sales typically start during the work week, beginning on Thursday or Friday and ending on Saturday. Saturdays can be great for markdowns, but items will likely be picked over.
- Sales start early at 7, or 8 am and fizzle out an hour or two after lunch. Set the alarm!
- Carry cash and plenty of small bills. Change can be hard to come by, and most people don’t want to take checks.
- Plan your route ahead of time. If you’re hitting multiple sales on the same day, plot your course. You don’t want to spend time driving all over the place.
- Always ask for a better price, especially if you’re buying a large number of items from one seller.
- Bring boxes, bags and packing materials.
Good luck out there! If you know of any sales we should add, or have information on dates that are missing, please comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Jenny Oppriecht is the marketing director for Steve Brown Apartments. You can Connect with her on LinkedIn or by email.