Greater Madison Community Garage Sales – 2019 Schedule
Published on April 10th, 2018
By Jennifer Oppriecht
Experienced garage salers know that research and volume are critical to a successful day spent bargain hunting. This article is aimed to help you with both.
- Research is beneficial if you’re looking for a particular category of items – dishes, baby clothing, furniture, etc. A quick review of garage sale ads on Craigslist, Garage Sale Finder, or Yard Sale Search can help you build a list of potential winners. Map out those locations and hit them first.
- Volume is easiest to achieve if you shop during a neighborhood or city-wide garage sale weekend – when there will be a large quantity of sales to visit in one area. These “cluster sales” can increase your odds of finding a specific item or, if you’re casual shopper, they can create an environment where you can wander from sale to sale – this is especially true with neighborhood sales.
Google can help you with research, but this post is the ONLY comprehensive list of City-Wide Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area and City of Madison Sales by Neighborhood. Put it to good use, my friend!
CITY WIDE Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area
Belleville: 5/4 – 5/5 2018
Black Earth: 4/20 – 4/21 2018
Cottage Grove: 8/3 – 8/4 2018
Cross Plains: 5/3 2018
Deerfield: 5/10 – 5/12 2018
DeForest: 5/17 – 5/20 2018
Footville: 4/27 – 4/28 2018
Lodi: 4/26 – 4/28 2018
Mazomanie: 6/15 – 6/17 2018
McFarland: 6/8 – 6/9 2018
Meadowood: 5/11 – 5/12 2018
Monona: 5/18 – 5/19 2018
Mt. Horeb: April 25-27, 2019
Oregon: May 9-11, 2019
Stoughton: June 21-22, 2019
Sun Prairie: May 2-4, 2019
Verona City-Wide Sales: 5/10 – 5/12 2018
Waunakee: May 9-11
MADISON, WI GARAGE SALES BY NEIGHBORHOOD
Sunset Village: 8/10 – 8/11 2018
Marquette Neighborhood: 6/2 2018
Bay Creek: Please help us find!
Blackhawk: 5/19 2018
Hawks Landing: 5/17 – 5/19 2018
High Point Estates: 5/17 – 5/19 2018
Junction Ridge: Please help us find!
Linden Park: Please help us find!
Memorial High School: Please help us find!
Midvale Heights: 8/31 – 9/1 2018
University Hill Farms: 6/1 – 6/2 2018
Brentwood: Please help us find!
Elvehjem: 6/14 – 6/16 2018
Emerson East: 6/2 2018
Glendale: 6/22 – 6/23 2018
Richmond Hill: 5/31 – 6/2 2018
Tenney-Lapham: TBD – sometime in August!
Heritage Heights: 6/16 – 6/17 2018
Here are some pointers to keep in mind as you plan for garage sale shopping:
- Sales typically start during the work week, starting on Thursday or Friday and ending on Saturday. Saturdays can be great for markdowns, but items will likely be picked over.
- Sales start early at 7 or 8am and fizzle out an hour or two after lunch. Set the alarm!
- Carry cash and plenty of small bills. Change can be hard to come by and most people don’t want to take checks.
- Plan your route ahead of time. If you’re hitting multiple sales on the same day, plot your course. You don’t want to spend time driving all over the place.
- Always ask for a better price, especially if you’re buying a large quantity of items from one seller.
- Bring your own boxes, bags and packing materials.
Good luck out there! If you know of any sales we should add, or have information on dates that are missing, please comment below or shoot me an email at email@example.com.
About the Author: Jenny Oppriecht is the marketing director for Steve Brown Apartments. you can Connect with her on LinkedIn or by email.