Greater Madison Community Garage Sales – 2023 Schedule
Experienced garage sale shoppers know that research and volume are critical to a successful day spent bargain hunting. This article is aimed to help you with both.
- Research is beneficial if you’re looking for a particular category of items – dishes, baby clothing, furniture, etc. A quick review of garage sale ads on Craigslist, Garage Sale Finder, or Yard Sale Search can help you build a list of potential winners. Map out those locations and hit them first.
- Volume is most easily achieved by shopping during a neighborhood or city-wide garage sale weekend – when there will be a large number of sales to visit in one area. These “cluster sales” can increase your odds of finding a specific item or, if you’re a casual shopper, they can create an environment where you can wander between sales – this is especially true with neighborhood sales.
Google can help you with research, but this post is the ONLY comprehensive list of City-Wide Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area and City of Madison Sales by Neighborhood. Put it to good use, my friend!
Garage Sales in the Greater Madison Area
- Black Earth: April 21-22, 2023
- Lodi & Dane: April 21-22, 2023
- Mt. Horeb: April 19-22, 2023
- Footville: April 28-29, 2023
- Oregon: Help us find.
- Dodgeville – April 22, 2023
- Boscobel – May 5-6, 2023
- Sun Prairie: May 4-6, 2023
- Cross Plains Citywide: May 3-5, 2023
- Belleville: May 4-6,2023
- Verona: May 12-13, 2023
- DeForest/Windsor: May 19-20, 2023
- Madison West – Hill Farms: May 12-13, 2023
- Monona: May 12-13, 2023
- Monroe – May 11-13, 2023
- Waunakee – May 11- 13, 2023
- Madison East – Heritage Heights: May 18-20, 2023
- Madison West – Maple Bluff – May 19-20, 2023
- Madison West – Meadowood: Help us find.
- Madison West – Nakoma: May 20, 2023
- Deerfield: May 11-13, 2023
- Oregon – Bergamont: June 1-3, 2023
- Madison West – Birchwood-Oaks: – June 8-10, 2023
- Portage – June 8-11, 2023 Madison East – Brentwood: Help us find.
- Madison East – Emerson East: June 3, 2023
- Mazomanie: June 9-10, 2023
- McFarland: June 9-10, 2023
- Brodhead – June 10, 2023
- Madison East – Richmond Hill: June 8-10, 2023
- Madison East – Rolling Meadows: Help us find.
- Madison East – Elvehjem: June 15-17, 2023
- Madison East – Glendale: Help us find.
- Madison North – Cherokee: Help us find.
- Stoughton: June 23-24, 2023
New Glarus – July 14-16, 2023
- Cottage Grove: Help us find.
- Evansville: August 5, 2023
- Madison West – Westmorland: August 6-7, 2023
- Madison West – Midvale Heights: September 1-2, 2023
- Madison West – Crestwood Neighborhood – September 22-23, 2023
Please Help Us Update!
- Madison West – Linden Park: ?
- Madison South – Bay Creek: ?
- Madison West – Blackhawk: ?
- Madison East – Eastmoreland: ?
- Madison East – Tenney-Lapham: ?
- Madison South – Arbor Hills: ?
- Madison West – Birchwood Oaks & Cherrywood: ?
- Madison West – Hawks Landing: ?
- Madison West – High Point Estates: ?
- Madison West – Junction Ridge: ?
Here are some pointers to keep in mind as you plan for garage sale shopping:
- Sales typically start during the work week, beginning on Thursday or Friday and ending on Saturday. Saturdays can be great for markdowns, but items will likely be picked over.
- Sales start early at 7, or 8 am and fizzle out an hour or two after lunch. Set the alarm!
- Carry cash and plenty of small bills. Change can be hard to come by, and most people don’t want to take checks.
- Plan your route ahead of time. If you’re hitting multiple sales on the same day, plot your course. You don’t want to spend time driving all over the place.
- Always ask for a better price, especially if you’re buying a large number of items from one seller.
- Bring boxes, bags and packing materials.
Good luck out there! If you know of any sales we should add, or have information on dates that are missing, please comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.