OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SBA TOUR GIVEAWAY (SWEEPSTAKES)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. Introductory Terms and Rules. These official sweepstakes rules (the “Official Rules”) govern all aspects of the SBA Tour Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes will consist of one monthly drawing. At the drawing, one entrant will be chosen to receive the prize to be awarded. Please note, as set forth in the Official Rules, that the Sweepstakes may be terminated at any time, including before the final monthly drawing is held. Steve Brown Apartments (“SBA”) is the sponsor and contest administrator of the Sweepstakes and is responsible for enforcing the Official Rules and for awarding the prize. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law or where the conduct of the Sweepstakes requires registration or the presentment of any bond before any state or local regulatory authority.
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to any person who is at least 18 years of age and of the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, who is a legal resident of the United States, who has access to an active email account (an “Entrant”). Employees of SBA, and their respective parent entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, parent, legal guardian, child, and siblings, regardless of where they reside) or those living in the same households, whether or not related are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will start at 8:00 AM central standard time (“CST”) on October 1, 2015 and monthly drawings will occur on the last day of that month at 3 PM CST, the sweepstakes is ongoing (the “Sweepstakes Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of SBA, including the interpretation of the Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes:
- An in Person Visit: To enter the sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, contact or visit any SBA apartment property and request a tour of any SBA apartment property. Anyone who tours an SBA apartment property will be entered in the SBA Prospect Database. All entries entered into the SBA Prospect Database for the given month will be eligible to win. No purchase is necessary and entrants are not required to view anything specific during their tour time. Entrants must provide a name and email address and those requesting online tours at https://stevebrownapts.com/offer/sba-tour-giveaway are also agreeing to receive e-mails from SBA, including a monthly newsletter.
Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes only once a month during the Sweepstakes Period. Duplicate entries will be discarded. Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirement (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void.
4. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. No later than the last day of each month, one Entrant will be chosen at random from all entries received during the monthly Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. SBA will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes and of selection of the winner. Decisions of SBA as to the selection of the winner will be final. An email will be sent to the potential winner informing him/her of his/her prize. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an email. To claim the prize, the winner may be required to provide proof of winner’s age, residency and legal status. Prize acceptance must be received by email response within three (3) business days of notification. If a potential winner fails to claim the prize or provide requested proof within the time period required under the Official Rules, then SBA will select an alternate potential winner who must comply with the Official Rules to receive the prize. SBA is not responsible for false or incorrect contact information. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value. A total of one (1) prize will be awarded in each month of this Sweepstakes. The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive $500 in total gift cards from their choice of the following stores: Target, Pottery Barn, Bed Bath and Beyond and/or WalMart.
The decision of SBA as to the eligibility of Entrants and as to the awarding of the prize shall be final. The prize will be sent to the winner at the address (or email address) he/she provides. Prizes may not be assigned to third parties. SBA is not responsible for delays in delivery of the prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss to the prize after it has been processed for delivery. SBA is not under any obligation to provide the winner with any other substitute prize. SBA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value without notice. The winner will be solely responsible for all Federal, state and local taxes, registration fees, license fees and other costs associated with winning a prize.
6. Release. By attempting to participate in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant irrevocably and unconditionally releases the Sweepstakes Entities and their officers, directors, employees, representatives, affiliates, attorneys, successors, assigns and agents from and against any and all losses and any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind which entrant may have or sustain in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of the Prize. By accepting a Prize, the winner grants to the Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown and biographical information, for any lawful purpose, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or material, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at its sole discretion without further obligation or compensation.
7. List of Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules. For results of the Sweepstakes and/or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a hand-printed, self-addressed and stamped envelope to Steve Brown Apartments, 120 W. Gorham St., Madison, WI 53703, Attn.: SBA Tour Giveaway.
8. General Provisions. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules, or in the Sweepstakes itself, and agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and by all decisions of SBA, which decisions will be binding and final in all respects. SBA may modify or suspend all or any portion of the Official Rules by posting a notice on the SBA website. Any delay or failure by SBA to seek enforcement of any term of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any such provision of the Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for entries that are late, destroyed, incomplete, lost, misdirected, forged, damaged, mutilated, tampered with or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provision will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, SBA, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes or any portion(s) thereof. All applicable Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations shall apply to the Sweepstakes.
9. Arbitration and Choice of Law. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than such Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of contestants and SBA in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Wisconsin.